Parts of Your Braces: GARVEY TEAM ORTHODONTICS, Dr. Michael Garvey in St. Charles, Mo -We make great SMILES 🙂
If you are having problems with your braces, please refer to the picture below and the descriptions to accurately describe your problems when calling our office.
2. Archwire: the wire that connects and fits into individual brackets.
3. Elastic Ligature: colored ring that holds the archwire into a bracket.
4. Steel Ligature Tie: very small wire that holds archwire into a bracket.
5. Hook: very small arms attached to some brackets that are used to attach rubber bands.
6. Power Chain: several elastic ligatures linked/connected together.
7. Band: metal ring that goes around some back teeth.
Solutions to common orthodontic problems and emergencies can be found on our website at www.garveyteam.com
For help with more serious emergencies, please call us at (636) 441-2777. Call today for a free orthodontic consultation and x-ray. We go the extra smile. Dr. Michael Garvey and Staff